Thursday, February 26, 2009

Baby Signs!

Now that swimming is over, we've moved on to signing! (I've made a rule that we can only take one class at a time. :) ) Caroline has been taking a baby sign language class, and she really loves it. She's actually a little too young for the class. (10 months is supposed to be the minimum, but she is oh-so-advanced for her age!) Not really, but she has fun playing with the other kids and singing the songs. The first class covered all of the mealtime snacks. Last week, the kids learned bedtime signs--that's why all the little ones came dressed in their pajamas. Whoever developed the class was a genius. Partway through the class, the instructor pulls out a big parachute, and all of the kids run (or in Caroline's case, crawl) under it. What does it have to do with sign language? Not really sure, but the kids LOVE it!
See...I told you Caroline was advanced. This is her sign for "I'm sleepy!" :) Isn't she a fast learner?

2 comments:

Jody said...

She crawls?

BuckeyeBundle said...

ok seriously, I LOVE baby sign language. My girls all sign pretty well for certain things (milk, eat, more, all done, waving hi and bye etc.) and it is so helpful. We didn't take a class, but that looks like fun! I would say right now Ava gets it the best and does the most signs, but the other two do the basic ones too. Isn't it so cool?