Tuesday, May 19, 2009

First Mother's Day

As this year has been comprised of a host of "firsts" for Caroline, I had my own special "first" a week ago...my first Mother's Day as a mom. It really was a wonderful day.  Caroline (with a little help, I suspect) made me breakfast in bed--delicious pancakes. 

 Then, Chad and Caroline helped with my Sunday School class.  I teach pre-school Sunday School, and the kids are adorable. On Mother's Day, we decorated clay pots with oil pastels and then planted flowers and made cards for their moms.  It was nice to have an extra set (or two!) of hands to help out.  (As a side note, Chad was a hit.  All of the kids asked this Sunday if Chad was coming back.  They were a bit disappointed when I told them they were stuck with me alone.)

After church, the ladies of my family had a wonderful Mother's Day Lunch at the Lancaster Country Club (picture below).  Then, I spent the afternoon planting my garden and my flower beds.  I couldn't have asked for a more perfect First Mother's Day!

1 comment:

BuckeyeBundle said...

Oh, what a beautiful way to spend your first Mother's Day! Sounds special, exactly as it should!